Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday's Tin of the Week




This tin definitely needs an explanation.  The Shaker’s family has small rustic cabin in the Big Horn mountain range of Wyoming; about a 45-minute drive from Sheridan, Wyoming.  His family gathers every summer to stay here and fish and to commune with nature. 

However, I am not a fisherman at all.  I just don’t get it. I have tried.  Really I have. But it’s completely frustrating to me to throw a line in and just wait.  I am not a patient person.  I can be – if I have my knitting needles with me.  Well, when I realized that his family was very nature like, I thought there is no way that they are going to take me, this San-Franciscan-city-girl into their lives until I realized Mrs. Secret Service was just like me!  Her husband, The Shaker’s cousin, works for the US Secret Service – sorry to say I have no clue what he does and I think I would like to keep it that way.  Anyway, she is just as craftsy as me and probably more so! 

She sent this tin to me at the end of last year but I wanted to wait until 2014 and to start this year off with Tin of the Week with moose kisses … Though, I think I’ll just stick with my martini …


Thanks Mrs. Secret Service!
The Martini Knitter 

No comments: