Thursday, December 12, 2013

Yup! It's That Time of the Year ...


I know that most of you won’t be surprised to know that I am not even ½ way finished with my Christmas knitting I thought I would be by now but other things got in the way. 

What a lame excuse.  But like I said to Gin when about 2 weeks ago she asked how her sweater was coming along.  My answer was this: Is it December 24th already???

I was reading a blog post recently published by The Yarn Harlot where she says that she has worked out that she must knit 3.7 hours per day to meet her Christmas deadline.  I haven’t even got that far yet.  I just know that I am behind.

And speaking of The Yarn Harlot she was down in Raleigh last week doing a speaking engagement.  Olive and Boston-Red-Sox-Fan asked, possibly begged, her for a photo to taunt me with; but it’s all good though.  Taunt away, Olive, taunt away! But the best news is that I just I am on the radar of Stephanie – she knows who I am!

Left to Right: Olive, Stephanie, and
Boston-Red-S0x-Fan


The Twisted Knitters with Stephanie - I know it's
blurry.  I think because they were having
way too much fun!

But back to my knitting procrastination ... I have been doing the usual holiday things and enjoying every moment of it: making peppermint bark, cleaning and decorating the house, getting ready for Gin’s arrival home from university, and of course drinking gluwein with my friends at the Christmas market in Basel.  Because to me, getting together with friends over this time, is my favorite part of the holiday season.

Me with the gang! Body Pump Wino Nut,
Canadian Yoga Girl,  Swiss Miss and
Mrs. Rocco

But here’s the topper - making new Christmas decorations for our home – which was never in the holiday plan.  Which should have been quick but no, it wasn’t.  They do look pretty though.  But Gin’s sweater is still not done and I have 2 other projects to cast on; albeit small ones, but still, nonetheless, it’s time to kick it up a notch. 







The wire came pre-made but the planning of the beading and the placement took between 30 and 40 minutes per ornament.  I made 16 – you do the math because I don’t want to know.  Then add another 90 minutes to making the hanging thingy, attaching ribbon and then the actual hanging of the snowflakes.

I really am off to knit now - but can I have a martini first? After all it is the season for joy and merriment …

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: