Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mission Accomplished!


I started my Advent Scarf back in December 2011, and I just finished it last night.  When I went to my Ravelry project page to update the “WIP” (work in progess) to “Finished,” I noticed I called it a scarf; I quickly changed that to “wrap!” It is now blocking/drying.  

Why so long, you ask? I sheepishly answer: I put other projects ahead of it …  It took over approximately 72 hours of knitting and almost 5 skeins of Morehouse Farms, Merino 2-ply sport weight yarn.  Each day’s knitting time was between 3 and 4 hours. It’s final length for me, is 3 yards and 24 inches or 132 inches in length. 

It was one of those projects that I just to hunker down and just get it done!

Here’s a close of up of each day:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7 (my birthday)

Day 8

Day 9

Day 10

Day 11

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14

Day 15

Day 16

Day 17

Day 18

Day 19

Day 20

Day 21

Day 22

Day 23

Day 24

I think somebody deserves a martini …

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: