Friday, August 23, 2013

I Knitted and Took a Nap


I spoke to Olive the other day and when asked about my knitting I said, “I can’t believe how slow everything is going that I am itching to cast on something else in order to break up the monotony of my current knitting projects.”  Olive’s answer, “You gotta do, what ya gotta do.” Which I think was code for, “I swear if you cast on one more project …”

But I didn’t cast on anything!  I know, shocker! I plowed ahead with my Tangled Yoke Cardigan.  I am finally up to the detailed stitches around the yoke area and I am halfway finished with this part.  But I didn’t realize how long this would part would take.  I knitted 4 rows in about 3-1/2 hours. Can you believe that? I can’t believe that I just confessed that to: “Yeah, I knitted 4 rows yesterday. Um … no … it didn’t take just 20 minutes to do; more like over 3 hours.”  I … um … also fell asleep for a while in the sun.  What? It was warm and the couch was way too comfy for my eyes to stay open.  Here’s the real story about the yoke stitches:  I went from about 250 stitches on the needles to over 400 stitches on the needles plus chart-reading hence the reason for the over 3 hours of knitting including the aforementioned nap …

Oh my gosh, it sounds like I am moaning! Here’s the good news: I started and finished a super fast knit this week.  It did take longer to dry than it did for me to knit both sleeves.   And here’s another thing, I am not sure about everyone else, but when it comes to a yarn label saying that that the yarn can be placed in the dryer, I am too paranoid and therefore I always block and dry my garments on my blocking mats.







I made Weekend Sweater by Diane Soucy. My project page shows 2 weeks but that’s because I really did only work on it on the weekends, as it was a super-simple no-thinking-required knit.  Talk about a great Christmas gift idea!

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter  

No comments: