Wednesday, June 5, 2013

And We Are Casting On


Here’s the project (Alexandria Cardigan) that Olive and I have chosen to work on while we are together.  It’s safe to say that we might be a little ambitious to have it completed by the time Olive leaves (but Gin and Vermouth are the hunt for securing her passport).



I chose Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend yarn in a nice soft green color because I have used this yarn before and I loved the way it knits up.  And … yes, I did wash my gauge swatch because I remember that this yarn knits up tightly but once washed, it relaxes and really breathes!  Olive chose a soft, light blue in the yarn that the pattern called for: Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 3 ply.  There is also a first for me – this is the first time where a knitting pattern calls for a certain size needle – in this case a US 6 needle – that I got to use that needle; usually I have to go down 2 needle sizes because I am a loose knitter. 



The cardigan is knitted from the bottom up and so far we have worked the first 6 rows of reverse stockinette and have started on the cardigan’s front panel pattern work.  But before we can really get knitting on this cardigan, we have to go to Paris first ... 

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Why are you going to Paris first? How long is she with you that you're planning to make this whole sweater? Looks like a neat pattern, but I thought most patterns did suggest a size, with a note to check gauge. Good luck with the project, have fun on your trip. I'll be shaking up some Martini's pretty soon....got extra glasses in the freezer...wink wink. Though looks like we'll be having cocktails indoors as the weather is not inviting...pooey, we prefer having them on the deck.