I was listening to a podcast the other day where a woman said that she really doesn’t use/rely on “stitch markers.” What went through my mind at that very moment upon that this designer finished her statement was this: “Oh that poor, poor woman! You are missing out on one of the most fun knitting gadgets ever!”
So I thought I would share my favorite Etsy links of the different stitch markers that I have “favorited” or purchased. But if you just type into the Etsy search engine “handmade knitting markers” the list is almost endless. I like to start the searching off with a noun, like “alcohol” or “zombie” or even “gnome” to really get things rolling.
I love stitch markers because even though the garment that you are knitting isn’t finished and usually pretty plain looking, the stitch markers just give the knitting a little something extra before it turns into a beautiful garment …
- Gnome stitch markers - Olive and Boston Red-Sock Fan love gnomes
- Martini stitch markers – sadly, this lady only takes PayPal and not solely Visa so shipping to me is an issue
- Zombie stitch markers – which I bought Gin for Valentine’s Day
- Star Wars stitch markers – I think Gin needs these too
- Olive stitch marker – which I had to buy for Olive
- Hostess cupcake stitch markers - I always wanted Hostess cupcakes in my lunch box, but my mother never did - these are less fattening
And then here are the different kinds that I already have in my collection. I know what y’all about to say, “How many stitch markers does Sarah really need???” and let me say, “That y’all sound like my family!”
|We love our video games|
|For when I knit for The Shaker|
|Monsters from classic old Hollywood movies!|
|These little guys were attached on gifts that|
I have received
|Basel Running Chica gave me a bracelet|
from her South African trip this winter that broke!
So I made stitch markers with them instead
|I love using this in on my small needles|
|They look like eyes|
|I got these as a gift and just found out that|
the Twisted Knitter lady made these herself!
The Martini Knitter