Friday, May 31, 2013

It's A Wrap!


My blocking wires arrived safely in the mail and I finished my Martini Wrap just in time to pick up Olive from the airport.  While she was snoozing, I blocked out the wrap.   


I did a Google search on how to block with blocking wires and a post from the Yarn Harlot came up and she said that if her garment is too big to block on blocking mats, she just uses her bed and a fan to speed up the process.  Totally worked!

I really did block it just like the advice that Christina and Olive gave me.   I pulled it so that the stitches would really open and that I would get the little points like the pattern had.  However, my yarn just didn’t stretch like the pattern’s recommended yarn.  But that’s ok because to me the yarn that I bought was a better quality than the recommended one.  I am really happy with the results.

Now for the weather report for Gin’s graduation, the occasion that I made this wrap to wear to … possibility of rain.  Oh well … what can you do???




Cheers!
The Martini Knitter







2 comments:

Sandy said...

The wrap is awesome...wearing that sipping a Martini...life is good. Just realized you've got a bloglovin thing on your blog too, I'll follow you there as well. Though I confess, I'm not really up to speed what to do over there. I've fine with clicking follow on blogs, but when I get an email that says someone is following me, I can't figure out how to click it and follow them?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Martini Wrap! Love it! I hope you have worn it lots in Paris! Deirdre