Saturday, May 25, 2013

Congratulations! It's A Bunny!


Check this little guy out!  I just finished him the other day for a friend who will be having a boy in a few months time.  I am a quilter first before being a knitter even though this craft has taken over my life. But this is my first knitted baby gift that I have knitted.


I added this photo to give y'all an idea of how big
he really is. He's the perfect size to be dragged
around the house and the playground


The pattern’s name is “Sophie” from Ysolda Teague but when this baby boy makes his debut, he will have to give his bunny a new name.  When I found this taupe colored yarn it reminded me of the bunnies that I use to see on my walks in Holland, so I knew that the color would be perfect for this little guy. I added the red ribbon as an accent to represent Switzerland but I am secretly hoping that the parents will loose the bow and let their son give a lot of love and attention to this new bunny and not to be a keepsake. 

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: