Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday's Tin of the Week


A project and a new quilting friend have inspired this week’s Tin of the Week.  I have finally started quilting again after taking - I would have to say – about an 11-month break (yikes!).  Of course before doing so I had to rearrange my sewing room, again.  I haven’t even been in this apartment a full 6-months yet and already this room has undergone 3 different rearrangements.  This time I had to move the sewing table to the window so I could look at something outside when having a “zoning out” moment. FYI - none of the other rooms in this apartment have undergone this much transformation.  


So what am I quilting now? A traditional sawtooth block from Atkinson Design that I just started and jellyroll quilt in which the pattern is called Jellystone Park that I started over a year ago. 


This is the Sawtooth Star so far.
I have 4 more rows to sew on plus the borders

This is the Jellystone Park.  Only 4 blocks sewn
together so far.  I had to make sure that my points
were lining up nicely
You know me, I never just have one project on the needles so why would my sewing machine be any different???



Cheers!

The Martini Knitter

No comments: