Saturday, February 2, 2013

31 Days Done, 334 Days More To Go!


I may not have kept up with all of my other projects but I have stayed on top of my sky scarf.  When I think that I have to knit 730 rows overall (365 times 2), the number is just so overwhelming in my mind that I just don’t want to get behind.


Without reflecting too deep, I saw January skies about half and half: sunny skies versus gray skies.  I also like looking at the “snow” rows (all white).  Also, read some comments on Ravelry on how to pick the sky for that day; because some people will have rain, sun and then clouds all in one day.  This was a no brainer for me; I just pick what it was like for me when I was out and about that day. But if it snowed at all on that day, then snow rules out all other skies. 

So some of the women in the Twisted Knitters knitting group have had some troubles keeping up with their sky scarf. So one of them found a history of the weather for the month.  Here’s my history for Basel, and I have to say my scarf runs pretty close to the history of the January 2013’s weather. I am not sure I like knowing that there’s a back-up plan in place in case I fall behind!

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Interesting way to design a scarf. I'm still working on my huge afghan........no clue how many rows I've done...not even sure I can count them, but perhaps I should try. Knowing how much I've done might help spur me forward. lol