Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday's Tin of the Week




When Olive sent this tin to me last month, I have to say my curiosity was peaked by “Tabasco flavored chocolate.” At first taste, it has this wonderful dark chocolate taste in my mouth with just a hint of chili flavor.  Then upon finishing, the spice kicks in at full force. Vermouth was not even remotely interested in trying it but Gin was up for it.  But sadly she spit out after moments of the chocolate entering her mouth.  Which I have to say: Gin never spits out chocolate so you can just guess how she felt about Tabasco flavored chocolate.




Which brings me to one of my all-time favorite movies, Chocolat, staring Juliette Binoche, Dame Judi Dench, and Johnny Depp.  There is a scene where Vianne Rocher (Juliette Binoche) serves Amande Voizin (Dame Judi Dench) a cup of hot chocolate.  Amande says that there is something wrong with her hot chocolate; the chocolate must be rancid.  Whereby Vianne states no the chocolate is fine; it has a hint of chili of in the chocolate.  So this gave me the idea of melting one chocolate wedge in with my cappuccino.  Ok … let me just say this - that I promise I will stick to only making martinis from now on

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: