Friday, December 21, 2012

Full Procrastination Mode


I have no idea what has gotten into me but I am in full procrastination mode! What I mean is this: yes, I have been knitting but not knitting on projects that have a deadline; and, I have even started new projects. I can hear Olive saying, “What are you doing???” and here’s my answer:  I am in full vacation mode as I call it.  I want a break from all deadlines including Christmas deadlines.  You might think I have had too much gluhwein (mulled wine) from the Basel Christmas market … and you may be right … drink for thought …

So this is what I have knitted … a hat for Vermouth to go with her new winter coat; a cowl from Jared Flood for me; I resumed knitting on last year’s Advent scarf (just finished Day 8); started another scarf (Topiary by Michele Wang); those little Christmas ornaments for friends and family; and owl mittens for Vermouth – which was never in the plan.  Which is even funnier because I actually knitted 3 mittens instead of the required 2 to make 1 pair of mittens.  Maybe it’s because it’s a small project and that’s why it didn’t bother me to rip out and start over again. 

The mitten pattern called “Give a Hoot” is free online but the directions have many mistakes in it.  Nothing to traumatic but I now understand why it was free.    So I was knitting the mittens and my ruler guide that I was using to remind of where I was on the pattern slipped down the page from the “left mitten” to the “right mitten” – I was talking and drinking coffee when this happened. And, of course, didn’t realize the problem until this mitten, which was suppose to the left-handed mitten and wound up being “the right-handed mitten with issues.”  I didn’t realize my mistake until I had started the left-handed mitten.  I was thinking that there was a mistake in the labeling of the mittens because this second mitten I was knitting was turning out just like the one that I just knitted – the right-handed mitten.  Craftstina” on Ravelry helped with all of the clearing up of the mistakes in the pattern so I thought that this was an error by the designer and not me. But nope, it was all me! So something that should have taken a Saturday afternoon to knit up turned out to be a 3-day project …



Vermouth even set the bar higher by requesting
"texting thumbs" to be added.
Challenge met and achieved!
What I am actually suppose to be knitting is the Roam Tunic for Gin and you see how far I am on that project …

That would be the back ...
Maybe my procrastination is due to the fact that I have seen Gin and Vermouth work very hard this past semester at school and then watching them take this much needed break from school pressures that has convinced me as well to take a break too – like peer-pressure. Yeah, that’s it!  That’s my excuse and I am sticking to it!  Blame on it Gin and Vermouth … and who care’s if I throw them under the bus … it’s not like they are reading this post!

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

2 comments:

QuotingCarol said...

You are my hero! Procrastinate away!

The Martini Knitter said...

Quoting Carol, Glad to be of service. I finished the back piece yesterday but haven't even started the front yet ...