Thursday, September 6, 2012

Patience, Grasshopper


I just have to say that once the unpacking from the move was complete, life just kicked in full throttled.  Gin and Vermouth have started back to school but with starting a new school, there are many things to be done – like attending all the new school meetings.  So I feel like I have just been riding the tram all day long.  Which in this case could be seen as a “moan” but it’s not because I got some knitting done!

I always feel like once you get to the body of a sweater and the pattern directions say, “knit for 15 inches” this part just overwhelms me.  I think it’s the distance of 15 inches and I think this is going to take a week just to knit the body.  In reality with riding the tram as much as I have done in the past 10 days, I reached 15 inches in just a few days. 

I finished my Heliotropic Pullover last Sunday and blocked it on Monday.  But the best part was that after I blocked it, it didn’t grow any further!  The pattern took into account that I was knitting with cotton and that cotton grows after blocking.  The yarn stayed put!  Even after I wore it all day yesterday! But seriously, woo hoo for a finished project! 



I just feel like with my summer projects that I was knitting in July have just come to a screeching halt and now very slowly they have started back up again.  If you look to right-hand side of this page, scroll down and you can see my works in progress on my Ravelry page; I just feel like those bars have barely moved.  I know, I know, I can hear The Shaker whispering to me one of his famous quotes, “Patience, Grasshopper.”  But we are talking about me; I have a very hard time with patience or even “the art” of practicing patience.  And with Fall on the horizon I want to set aside my “unfinished” summer projects and start those projects.  I just need to get busy and knit!  Which is what I am going to right now … after I go for a tram ride!

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad the move went so well and that you're able to get so much knitting done. Sweater looks awesome. Thought of you last night while hubby and I sat on the deck enjoying our Martini's (his Gin my Vodka).

Grace said...

Cute top! I love the pattern at the top of it! :)