Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Carole’s Ten on Tuesday


Today I had a few minutes and I was catching up on my blog reading.  I came across Carole Knits blog where she has her 10 favorite pizza toppings.  So even though I am a day late, I offered to play along …

Here’s my families favorite top ten ...

1. Since we are living in Europe, the first item would have to be the crust.  We love a thick crust and we all miss that!  I know Italy is right next door to us, but their crust is thin.

2. Gotta have cheese.  Think Wallace and Gromit.  Mozzarella and Parmesan but not any kind of Parmesan – Parmigiano-Reggiano.  I learned that from a close Italian friend.  

3. The Shaker’s favorite is the “Diavolo” pizza – ham, salami, mushrooms and chili.  You eat one bite and your mouth is on fire!

4. My favorite is pepperoni and black olive.  But it’s hard to find pepperoni here. 

5. Vermouth is simple.  She loves a good a Margherita pizza (tomato sauce with basil, mozzarella and parmesan cheese).

6. Gin is a little more complicated.  She likes ham, onions, and garlic on her pizza.

7. Then the 3 us (me, The Shaker and Gin) like “Quattro Stagioni” (ham, salami, mushrooms and artichokes).  It’s the artichokes that make this pizza fantastic. 

8. All of us agree upon prosciutto and mushrooms on our pizza.

9. I like a veggie pizza but no one else in the family does.  Everyone is too picky about which kinds of veggies are being included in the pizza. 

10. And I have to agree with Carole on this one – bacon.  We have a saying in our home, “If it has bacon in it, you know it’s going to be good.”
 
And to drink, you ask?  Beer and/or a really good red wine. Like you need to ask ...

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: