Sunday, August 5, 2012

Glutton for Punishment

Because I am one to never leave a party early, I have added another project to the Ravellenic Games 2012 for Team Apathy.  Now seriously I may not finish my project by the end of the Closing Ceremonies so, again, technically, I am keeping with the team’s motto – “We don’t care if we finish or not.”  I just have to admit that I have enjoyed being apart of the banter and comradery of this team.  Again, I am sorry to my teammates if I am showing overexcitement.

I just finished my first project, Team Apathy Socks for the Ravellenic Games 2012.  The second sock is now completed and Gin loves them!


But I still have one more week until the Closing Ceremonies and I don’t want to miss out on the fun with my team so I signed up for another easy stash busting event.  So I went to my stash bag of sock yarn and found some yarn that I bought over a year ago for The Shaker. 

This time I am making these socks from the toe up and the challenge is this: to finally use my Sock Wizard program from Knitting Software that I purchased 2 years ago!  The software is just your basic sock formula program – pure and simple.  In the help section of the program is does show you how the heel flaps and the gussets are worked.  But I have also chosen to use Wendy D. Johnson’s Socks From the Toe Up book as a quick reference when I am constructing these socks as well.  This is because in her book she uses fingering weight yarn and the sock yarn I have chosen for The Shaker is bulky – 5 stitches to the inch.





Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

2 comments:

Grace said...

Beautiful socks! I love the colored yarn you chose! Glad I found your blog! :)

The Martini Knitter said...

@ Grace - Thanks for the wonderful compliment! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Cheers,
The Martini Knitter