Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday's Tin of the Week

In honor of Gin’s 18th birthday - today - I have chosen this cute little cow: 



Gin honestly thought that this would be a “one off” thing.  She has been known to say this: “My mom has a blog and I thought it would be a couple of postings and that’s it.”  Furthermore, she absolutely loves this line from the 2011 movie, Contagion: “Blogging is not writing, it’s graffiti with punctuation.”  After seeing this movie together, I said, “You might want to remember who is paying for university before quoting that line around me.”  

But I do give her credit for helping me set up the blog.  Within 20 minutes she had me up and running and the first blog, the one with the Martini with Two Olives dish/washcloth has had over 3,500 hits so far to date.  Thanks Gin! 

The reason for the cow is simple; it’s a joke between Gin and her close friend, Maria  who was recently here for a visit bringing Gin this cute, innocent cow. I am not sure how this has come about, but whenever Maria travels, she looks for a cow that holds candy inside of them.  To be more specific … a pooping cow.  I know … absolutely disgusting.  But for some reason, this type of humor just makes Gin laugh and laugh.  I am happy to say that this cow holds gum (fruit-flavored gum to be precise) and she has to open it from the cow’s back – not his backside.  But it’s the perfect size to hold split rings, stitch markers or knitter’s safety pins inside or any combination of these items. 

Happy Birthday, Gin!!!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: