Friday, June 15, 2012

Basel Got Yarn Bombed!

This week I got a lot of knitting done just because I was riding the tram all over town.  I worked on The Shaker’s sweater and when I got to a point where I needed to read the directions, I switched back to the American the Beautiful socks (aka, a new pair of tram socks).  I did look up at one point to see a person staring at me like I was crazy.  I just shrugged my shoulders and continued on with my knitting. Trust me, I must be a knitter now, because if this happened in the beginning, I would keep my knitting indoors!

Another day I did jump on a tram without really paying attention to where the tram was going.  The weather had turned and it was beginning to pour with rain.  I took the number 10 tram thinking it went up by me; it didn’t.  But if I hadn’t jumped on the #10, I would have missed the Basel yarn bombing.  A whole side of a bridge – the Wettsteinbrücke bridge - had been yarn bombed.  I also learned that yarn bombing is called “stricken graffiti” (knitting graffiti).










So me getting lost is starting to finally pay off!

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

1 comment:

Elsbeth said...

Great pictures! Oh, for good public transport that actually goes somewhere!