Friday, March 2, 2012

Switzerland and Organization

I have big news – we were not just in Switzerland last week for vacation but to find a new home.  The Shaker has accepted a new position with another company there.  Everything will be new - the job, the house, the school, and, of course, the culture.

I have to say that all 4 of us are excited about the move.  I can hear you saying, "but I thought that you like the Netherlands!"  My answer is this, I love the Dutch; everything from them being known as cheap (which they are not!) all the way down to Queen Beatrix. 







But there is a lot to this move!  We have to organize our home into 3 sections:
  1. temporary housing while we wait until the summer when our new home will be ready for us to move in to
  2. then new home  - the furniture and other belonging etc.
  3. and then ... we may need to rent storage space

So last weekend I spent some quality time in my sewing room cleaning and organizing my knitting and quilting supplies.  I have now decided which knitting projects I will be taking to the first location stop.  I have even organized this in my “queue” on Ravelry.  Did you know that you can print your queue???? I was so excited to see this little feature!  The print button is in the upper right-hand corner next to “thumbnails” on the queue page.  So I made a list of my projects and my yarn and organized all of this on Ravelry and then I hit the print button.  I only printed 2 pages because I put many things into my queue; things I like and things I want for future reference. 

 
Now it’s on to other rooms to organize and clean out.  But hey, I did get The Shaker to clean out the attic.  Thank you, honey!

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: