Monday, October 10, 2011

What's on my knitting needles?


My husband, The Shaker, some times has to travel here in Europe as well as the US.  Yesterday, while I was knitting, he ever so politely said, “Can you make me a washcloth to travel with?”  Huh?  I guess so.  Which I have to say .... I have never paid attention to the washcloth in European/US hotels to as I travel with the wash scrunchy (does that nylon thing have a name?).  The Shaker said this:  in the US the hotels give you a washcloth in the bathroom but here in Europe they don’t.

I have been on the hunt for a skull and crossbones dish/washcloth.  I have found a few – some from Raverly and some from a google search.  One was huge and almost took a whole skein of cotton yarn.  It looked a hand towel to dry your hands with instead of a washcloth. And no, I am not ripping those stitches out!  So yesterday I spent the afternoon creating a revised version of skull and crossbones.  I am not sure if I can take any credit for it as it’s compiled from 3 different patterns from 3 different designers.  So if it turns out right, I will post it here but probably not on Raverly.  I don't want to piss off anyone!

Here’s the graph so far.  Today I will start the knitting and the written pattern directions! 




Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Well, I learned something new today! No wash clothes in Europe hotels.
See you blog can provide us with all kinds of little tid bits!! And of
course you are designing one!! Happy Columbus Day from the states!