Friday, October 14, 2011

Sun! Sun! Sun!


So it is definitely fall here!  I am not complaining as the sun is shining.  And for the next 4 days the sun will shine.  Whoo hoo!

I should tell you that the weather is not a subject to be taken lightly, like in the US.  When the Dutch talk about the weather it is a serious discussion!  When Americans talk about weather, it’s because we have nothing else to talk about.

So the sun will be shining and the temperatures will be around 11-12 C.  Another note, since moving here, everything is in Celsius.  I truly do not want to know what this temperature is in Fahrenheit!   When I am in the US, I like my temperatures in Fahrenheit.  It’s similar to the US dollar versus the Euro – keep it separate. 

Anyway, I like wearing Converse low Chuck Taylors.  I have a blue pair.  My oldest daughter (we will call her “Gin” because she wants to remain anonymous on this blog) loves to wear Converse (low and high) to death!  One pair is, literally, falling a part as I write!  She swears with the right pair of socks, you can wear your Converse here in the winter.  I am willing to take that challenge.  And by the way, I don’t like cold feet! 

So I am trying out a new website:  Simply Socks.  I have just made a purchase of Chrystal Palace’s Sausalito’s Borealis sock yarn.  I checked with what the Raverly users’ comments section said … and … I am taking a risk! Overall the users gave it 4 out of 5 stars.  So, I am going to try out this yarn and hope it doesn’t shrink.  Friends and family who have come to visit us here (and when I come to them), know that my laundry is mostly hung to dry.  I have a dryer, but I absolutely hate shrinkage!  When in doubt I hang dry.  So I am not too worried about the shrinkage of these socks.  Now for the pattern … have no clue ... have to wait to feel the yarn to pick a pattern.

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: