Monday, October 24, 2011

Random Thoughts

So The Shaker took the Skull and Cross Bones washcloth for a test drive last week on a business trip.  He works for a large pharmaceutical company. He said it was best washcloth that he has ever used!  But he always says encouraging comments like that.  Even when the orange sweater was being ripped out – he said nice things.

I wasn’t’ too happy with the shape, it was more rectangle than square.  So, it’s a work in progress …

I am almost finished with my Christmas knitting!  I am hoping to have the rest of all my packages in the mail by the end of this week.  I work better under pressure.  My girls, Gin and Vermouth, (they want to remain anonymous) usually say, when it gets close to a deadline for a gift: “Aren’t you suppose to be working on that?”  My answer is, “Is it the 11th hour yet??”

And I just got my package from Simply Socks Yarn! So excited and can’t wait to knit socks for me!  She had a special that if you spent over $20, you got a free travel sock knitting project pouch and inside that pouch was candy and her business card. I got a piece of Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate and a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.  I’ll be eating this with my martini later …

Side note:  The American candy that we can get here is limited. And the one thing I can never keep straight is this:  Mars Bar here is not the traditional Mars Bar that is from the States.  And it is the same for 3 Musketeer Bar and the Milkyway Bar – they are here but reversed. In the end, it doesn’t matter because they are here and I like them!

And finally, about Simply Sock Yarns - love this business card!



As you may have already figured out, I am really new to knitting and maybe other companies do these types of business cards, but I thought it was really cool. Since I am a HUGE online shopper, it was really nice to "feel" the yarn.

Allison also has a blog check it out here.

Cheers!

The Martini Knitter

No comments: