Monday, October 31, 2011

The Pleated Scarf is done!


Happy Halloween, everyone!

A short note about Halloween:  I love Halloween! And it’s a holiday that I do miss living abroad.  But … it’s coming! J

I am so pleased to announce that my “pleated scarf” is completed!  I think I needed this blog to motivate me to complete it.



This was all I had left of the third skein and I just “boomed” it out over the weekend!

Completely worth the effort!  It feels so nice but it has been so hard not to keep touching it!  It’s still a little damp from the blocking …

Now I am on the rampage to finish a bunch of “ufo’s” (unfinished objects).  Now, forsake of discussion this only applies to knitting (not to my other craft – quilting). I am finishing up the following “knitting” ufo’s:
  • a pair of socks (1 sock has been completed since August
  • and Christmas gifts items – I have 2 more gifts to get into the mail.  And I am still ahead of the postal clock. 

And then once this list is completed, then I can move on to a sweater (Harvest Moon by Heidi Kirrmaier) that I so ready to make!

But yesterday … I was caught by my husband, The Shaker. I had all the UFO projects lying before me when he caught me in the act of sorting and prioritizing.  He asked me how many projects do I have going on?  I wanted to correct him by saying, “You are suppose to ask what is on my needles?”  But instead, I came cleaned; I said I want the following projects at all times going:  a pair of socks, a sweater, a scarf, and a felt bag and/or hat.  But I wanted the ones in front of me done first.

Then I had to explain the thinking behind having 4 projects constantly going on (and let’s face it, there could be more added at any time). 
  1. Socks: they have a pattern and at times, require some thinking
  2. Sweater:  can go either way on the thinking level depending on where I am (meaning listening to my iPod or watching TV
  3. Scarf:  can be transport
  4. Felt bag/hat project: can be nice knitting while reading my Kindle

And lastly, I have added another reference book to my knitting library, Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmerman.  I am on Chapter One, The Opinionated Knitter.  I will leave you with these two sentences on page 11: 

“Really, all you need to become a good knitter are wool, needles, hands, and slightly below-average intelligence.  Of course, superior intelligence, such as yours and mine is an advantage.”

Cheers!
The Martini Knitter

No comments: